How do I receive food assistance?
The PCMA Food Pantry of Pickerington is a choice Food Pantry serving residents of the Pickerington Local School District. We are located in the Olde Village of Pickerington, at 70 Cross Street, Suite B.
- Clients must call Information and Referral at 740-687-0500 or email the Food Pantry at firstname.lastname@example.org for a reservation to come in and pick food up. Calls and emails will be accepted 8am to 4pm Monday (for Monday shopping), Wednesday (for Thursday shopping) and Friday (for Saturday shopping). If you are emailing for a reservation, please include your first and last name and your current home address. No calls or emails will be accepted more than one day before you want to come in to pick food up.
- Please do not leave a message on the Food Pantry’s voicemail to make a reservation to shop. If you do not have a reservation when you come in to shop, you will be asked to wait until those with an appointment are served first; however, we have the right to refuse to serve you if you do not have a reservation. There is no cost to the client to shop for food.
- Clients must provide a government issued ID for at least one member of the household and a current utility bill each month when they pick food up.
What should I bring?
Clients must have a reservation to shop and should provide us with the following every visit:
- Government issued, photo identification for at least one member of the household. We prefer a valid and current driver’s license, birth certificate, or passport. Hard copies or copies on your phone are accepted but not kept on file.
- A copy of a utility bill showing your name (or a household member’s name), an address in the Pickerington Local School District, and a current date (within 30 – 60 days).
- Every time you shop for food, you will be asked to sign a paper and/or electronic form to certify your family income is at or below state/federal limits for your family size, and your residence is within the Pickerington Local School District.
If you cannot provide this information, we will be forced to ask you to return on another day when you have a reservation and the required documents. Please do not forget the required information and have it ready when we call your name.
This table shows yearly gross income for each family size. If your household income is at or below the income listed for the number of people in your household, you are eligible to receive food. This certification form is being completed in connection with the distribution of food from the state funded program and/or Federal assistance through The Emergency Food Assistance Program.
What items are offered?
Once you are on the Food Pantry floor, a volunteer walks along with you and you will get a certain number of items per section (product, dairy, meats, vegetables, fruits, proteins, soups, grains, household, hygiene, baby, etc.) depending on the size of your family. We offer a Choice Pantry which means you pick the items you want to take home, the items you and your family are not allergic to and the items you like. You will take enough food home to make approximately three meals a day for every member of your household for eight days. You are allowed to visit us for food once a month.
Client Shopping Hours (see calendar for closed dates)
- Mondays: 6:30PM–8:30PM
- Thursdays: 10:00AM–12:00PM
- Saturdays: 10:00AM–12:00PM
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to closing to be served. Clients are asked to form a line at the front door, sitting in your vehicle does not save you a spot in line. We provide a few chairs for the elderly and/or handicapped persons. You can bring a chair (don’t forget to take it with you when you leave) and a book to read if you want to arrive early. We do not open the doors until the times shown above. If we have room for clients without a reservation, they will be asked to wait until clients with a reservation are served first, no matter what place in line they are in.
On inclement weather days, we may open the doors early or provide a ticket with a number assigned so you can take a number and sit in your car and wait for the doors to open.
The Food Pantry is not open daily. It will be closed during some client shopping hours as noted on the calendar below. The calendar below only shows dates that the Food Pantry is closed. To see events, food drives and other important information about what’s happening at the Food Pantry, please here.
Other Services Include: