The Pickerington Food Pantry is a choice Food Pantry serving residents of the Pickerington Local School District. We are located in the Olde Village of Pickerington, at 70 Cross Street, Suite B.
What do I need to do to receive food assistance?
- CALL INFORMATION AND REFERRAL
- Clients are required to call Information and Referral at 740-687-0500 to make a reservation for food assistance. In an emergency, or if you cannot get to a phone during the times required, then you can email email@example.com to make a reservation. See When to Call below.
- PROVIDE INFORMATION
- Remember to always include: YOUR FIRST NAME, YOUR LAST NAME AND YOUR HOME ADDRESS.
- WHEN TO CALL
- Reservations should only be made between 8AM and 4PM on Mondays (for Monday evening shopping), on Wednesdays (for Thursday morning shopping) and on Fridays (for Saturday morning shopping). No calls or emails will be accepted at other times or more than 24 hours in advance.
- DO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE
- Please do not leave a message on the food pantry’s voicemail system to request a reservation to shop. If you do not have a reservation when you come in to shop, you will be asked to wait until the clients with reservations have been served, but we do reserve the right to refuse service if there is no room for more clients the day you come in without a reservation.
- THERE IS NO COST TO THE CLIENT TO SHOP FOR FOOD
- PROVIDE ID & CURRENT UTILITY BILL
- Clients must provide a government issued ID for at least one member of the household (preferably the member who is present at the Food Pantry). A copy of a current utility bill must be provided when there has been a change of address or it’s the beginning of our new fiscal year (July). If you do not have this information when you come in, we have the right to refuse service. Paper copies or a picture of the required information on your cell phone are accepted, but we do not keep copies on file. You must bring required information each time you shop.
This table shows yearly gross income for each family size. If your household income is at or below the income listed for the number of people in your household, you are eligible to receive food. This certification form is being completed in connection with the distribution of food from the state funded program and/or Federal assistance through The Emergency Food Assistance Program.
Client Shopping Hours
- Monday: 6:30PM – 8:30PM
- Thursday: 10:00AM – 12:00PM
- Saturday: 10:00AM – 12:00PM
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to closing to be served. Clients are asked to form a line at the front door. Sitting in your vehicle does not save you a spot in line. We provide a few chairs for elderly and/or handicapped persons. You can bring a chair (don’t forget to take it with you when you leave) and a book to read if you want to arrive early. We do not open the doors until the times shown above. If we have room for clients without a reservation, they will be asked to wait until clients with a reservation are served first, no matter what place in line they are in.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER
- On inclement weather days, we may open the doors early or provide a ticket with a number assigned so you can take a number and sit in your car and wait for the doors to open.
- We are closed most major holidays and the 5th Monday, Thursday and Saturday of every month, when applicable. See our calendar below for a full scheduled of closings.
Our calendar is being updated right now. We are closed through the remainder of 2017, and will reopen for clients starting Thursday, January 4th, 2018.
What items are offered?
Once you are on the Food Pantry floor, a volunteer walks along with you and you will get a certain number of items per section (product, dairy, meats, vegetables, fruits, proteins, soups, grains, household, hygiene, baby, etc.) depending on the size of your family. We offer a Choice Pantry which means you pick the items you want to take home, the items you and your family are not allergic to and the items you like. You will take enough food home to make approximately three meals a day for every member of your household for eight days. You are allowed to visit us for food once a month.
Other Services Include: