The Pickerington Food Pantry is a choice Food Pantry serving residents of the Pickerington Local School District. We are located in the Olde Village of Pickerington, at 70 Cross Street, Suite B.
Monday 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (arrive by 8:00 to receive service)
Thursday 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (arrive by 11:30 to receive service)
Saturday 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (arrive by 11:30 to receive service)
What do I need to do to receive food assistance?
- CALL INFORMATION AND REFERRAL
- Clients are required to call Information and Referral at 740-687-0500 to make a reservation for food assistance. In an emergency, or if you cannot get to a phone during the times required, then you can email email@example.com to make a reservation. See When to Call below.
- PROVIDE INFORMATION
- Remember to always include: YOUR FIRST NAME, YOUR LAST NAME AND YOUR HOME ADDRESS.
- WHEN TO CALL
- Reservations should only be made between 8AM and 4PM on Mondays (for Monday evening shopping), on Wednesdays (for Thursday morning shopping) and on Fridays (for Saturday morning shopping). No calls or emails will be accepted at other times or more than 24 hours in advance.
- DO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE
- Please do not leave a message on the food pantry’s voicemail system to request a reservation to shop. If you do not have a reservation when you come in to shop, you will be asked to wait until the clients with reservations have been served, but we do reserve the right to refuse service if there is no room for more clients the day you come in without a reservation.
- THERE IS NO COST TO THE CLIENT TO SHOP FOR FOOD
- PROVIDE ID & CURRENT UTILITY BILL
- Clients must provide a government issued ID for at least one member of the household (preferably the member who is present at the Food Pantry). A copy of a current utility bill must be provided when there has been a change of address or it’s the beginning of our new fiscal year (July). If you do not have this information when you come in, we have the right to refuse service. Paper copies or a picture of the required information on your cell phone are accepted, but we do not keep copies on file. You must bring required information each time you shop.
This table shows yearly gross income for each family size. If your household income is at or below the income listed for the number of people in your household, you are eligible to receive food. This certification form is being completed in connection with the distribution of food from the state funded program and/or Federal assistance through The Emergency Food Assistance Program.
What items are offered?
Once you are on the Food Pantry floor, a volunteer walks along with you and you will get a certain number of items per section (product, dairy, meats, vegetables, fruits, proteins, soups, grains, household, hygiene, baby, etc.) depending on the size of your family. We offer a Choice Pantry which means you pick the items you want to take home, the items you and your family are not allergic to and the items you like. You will take enough food home to make approximately three meals a day for every member of your household for eight days. You are allowed to visit us for food once every 30 days.